Curmudgeon indicates a grouchy old cuss. Most folks don't see me that way, but I got as many gripes as the next fellow. So, one thing I'll do here is gripe. But not the only thing. I'll feel free to say any fool thing I want...grouchy, cheerful, or whatever. Let's get on with it. Begin with some curmudgeonly gripes:
1 - What's with the Weather Channel's promise to report the weather every 8 minutes? Well, most weekdays, it does. But not at night and not on weekends. Why can't I flick over during a commercial and find out if a snowstorm or tornado is on its way? Instead, they run fascinating weather stories about boats at sea, people lost in the snow, or whatever. Look, everybody else interrupts whatever they're doing for commercials. Why can't TWC interrupt to bring us the weather?
2 - Similar gripe about Headline News. They're best in the early mornings and don't do a bad job of reporting what's happening in the world. But they get bogged down repeating stories. Let 'em go to Google News that has thousands of stories. Then they get into those blamed focused shows run by perpetually shocked women. I have a major suggestion!!!
MAJOR SUGGESTION: Somebody start a weather news netword that works like an AP wireservice. Whenever you tune in, you'll find the latest and most important news with the local weather every 10 minutes. That means news that affects the lives of most people or threatens to do so. NO stories about who some movie/entertainment "star" slept with or cussed out last week. And I don't care what Katie's current hairdo is. I do care where major congressional legislation is and how the war in the Middle East is going.
More gripes and suggestions whenever I get around to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Perry, you said "What's with the Weather Channel's promise to report the weather every 8 minutes?" Uh, I thought they promised to give us weather updates "on the 8's" - that would be every 10 minutes, right? However, if you are feeling especially curmudgeony today, you can have your weather updates every 8 minutes....
ReplyDelete(Carole)